Duration: 01.11.2021 – 31.10.2023
Project number: 2021-1-ES02-KA220-YOU-000029217
- ASOCIACION CAZALLAINTERCULTURAL (Spain – coordinator)
- Střední průmyslová škola chemická Pardubice (Czech Republic – partner)
- REPLAY Network (Italy – partner)
- Esquare (France – partner)
After the covid-19 crisis, which has meant the end of the world as we know it, a profound rethinking of all aspects of society, and especially of education, is necessary. With the advent of the internet, and especially with the „youtube“ model and online courses, learning became more specific and personal, not so much directed by a structure or institution, but rather the individual deciding what he or she needed to learn and how to learn it.
Formal education assimilated the new model changes too slowly: on the one hand, long-term curricula continued (over 3, 4 or 5 years), designed from above, with little student participation and little flexibility according to a labour market in constant innovation and change.
On the other hand, it was understood that „digital natives“ had „natural“ access to this medium and therefore needed little training from adults who, on the other hand, were heirs to a system in which education was part of a stage of life and were not so permeable to change and constant learning. Sometimes adults had to learn from the young people themselves how to use the new tools.
Therefore, we need a different approach to learning, one that considers the integration of online and face-to-face as an unavoidable new reality, that divides learning into modular pieces that serve as the rungs of a ladder (rather than long blocks that are difficult to assimilate) and also that helps young people to be aware of their learning, motivates them to use new technologies in a rational way and accompanies them in a process of constant growth.
The goal of the LEVEL UP project is:
To create online and face-to-face activities for young people to develop modular learning that facilitates their employability.
The specific objectives we aim to achieve with the project are:
- To help young people to develop transversal competences that increase their entrepreneurship and employability.
- To develop new non-formal learning strategies combining online and offline learning in European organisations.
- To create innovative resources for modular learning competences.
- Helping young people to understand and appreciate their strengths and create realistic, motivating and useful learning pathways.
- Inclusion of young people with fewer opportunities through the possibility to access free, flexible and tutored training to develop their competences.
Here are the planned activities in order to achieve our goals:
- 3 transnational meetings in Lorca (miniMOOCs recording meeting), Pardubice (miniMOOCs preparation meeting) and Rome (evaluation meeting).
- Online project coordination meetings.
- Creation of a Youth Mentor Manual for youth workers to support the learning process of the young people during the implementation of the Modular miniMOOCs course
- Mentor training course in Lorca to train youth workers on how to use the Youth Mentor Manual created in the project.
- Creation of a MODULAR MINI-MOOCS COURSE that can be integrated with face-to-face activities.
- Testing and correction phase of the MINI-MOOCS MODULAR COURSE.
- 1-day multiplier events of the project results in Lorca (Spain), Antibes (France), Pardubice (Czech Republic) and Rome (Italy).
Kick off meeting
03.02.2022 – Online
Yes – we have kicked off our project online. All partners – from Spain, Czech Republic, France and Italy – joined and reviewed project planned activities, responsibilities and planned the closest coming up steps.
- April 2022 – Transnational project meeting in Pardubice (Czech Republic)
- September 2022 – Staff training in Lorca (Spain)