Erasmus+ KA202: Preparation for emergency situations: teaching rescue, surviving and first aid (TeachMergency)
Project number: 2020-1-CZ01-KA202-078372
- Střední průmyslová škola chemická Pardubice (Czech Republic – coordinator)
- Ugniagesiu Gelbetoju Mokykla (Lithuania – partner)
- University of Žilina (Slovakia – partner)
TeachMergency AIMS to equip teachers/trainers with innovative tools in teaching rescue, survivor and first aid. Partners will focus on exchanging best practice, passing this know-how to colleagues and increasing quality of education of firefighters and rescue professionals. The importance of training cannot be underestimated in the world of emergency services. Where life safety is at risk, competence of the responders should be paramount. When the citizens in the community call for help, they expect and deserve the very best from rescue professionals when they respond.
In addition, developed simple online material will reach communities and teach basics in rescuing, survivor and first aid.
Further OBJECTIVES of the project are:
- To identify and exchange key elements that involve human protection skills: rescuing, surviving and first aid.
- To provide VET teachers/ trainers a tool and a practical platform to increase their professional development.
- To contribute to a healthy, safe, prepared for potentially risky situation community creation.
The project will be a giant step forward to making sure that firefighters and rescue training organisations have a chance to create a professional, enriched and motivating learning environment for its teachers/ trainers so they can be part of lifelong learning.
The focus is on training the teachers / trainers (36 from all partners) and to provide them the most needed practical environment to exchange the good practice in rescue, surviving and first aid topics. TeachMergency also will involve firefighter students (12 from all partners) who are on the front line to become rescue specialists.
We will prepare a teacher’s guide to share accumulation of skills, knowledge and competences acquired during teaching rescue, surviving and first aid.
During project implementation partners will create short video tutorials that will share very simple tricks and tips on how each person can apply and try in their lives. This will increase safety and security in community members no matter the age